Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Floating The Madison

My roommate Rachel and I went floating last week. It was one of the most relaxing things I've done in what seems like forever. We had a mutual friend drive us to the river, and agree to pick us up when we were done. I brought three bottles of sunscreen and my water. Rachel brought food. After an exciting adventure where some nice strangers helped us blow up the tubes we had borrowed from a friend, we managed to get ourselves in the water only an hour or so after we got there. 


By this point, I'd applied my sunscreen, and Rachel had drank most of the water, so we loaded our stuff up, and started down the river. We spent most of the time relaxing, talking, and just enjoying the sun. I wanted to jump out and swim, but I quickly learned that it just wasn't going to be possible. While the Jefferson is deep enough to swim in, the Madison is shallow enough that if you aren't careful you will find yourself scraping along the bottom. 

Still, we had a great day, and wound up meeting up with the group that had helped us get in the water in the first place. We made a few friends, and had a great day, and as we were getting out of the water I felt great. 

"Isn't this awesome? We should do this again!" I called out to Rachel as I loaded my stuff into the car. She just looked at me. Then I figured out what I had forgotten. 


Turns out Rachel never put on any sunscreen. As much pain as she is in now, she's still proud of the fact that she managed to get severe sunburn. Even on her ankles, and the tops of her feet. So the verdict? Floating is a ton of fun. It's a great chance to make new friends, and just have a fun, relaxing day. Just remember the waterproof sunscreen.  


Montana is a great place to visit, but an even better place to live. To learn more about becoming a part of the Montana Experience, contact Tom Clark (406) 581 2829, drop me an e-mail at tom@realestator.net, or visit my site: http://tomsclark.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/HomePageGetAction.do

No comments:

Post a Comment