Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It's rained in Bozeman for the last week. Yesterday afternoon it finally started to warm up, and the sun came out for the first time today. It's gorgeous. Summer is finally here! So, in celebration of summer in Montana, I'm going to talk about my favorite time of year in Montana. Winter. 


My first winter here was cold. It was really cold. And it snowed a lot. The first snow of the year was about three feet overnight. I had expected long lines to get emergency rations, everything closing down, and a mass panic. That was what would have happened in my old town. But instead of panicking, I found that the people of Bozeman did nothing. They got out their snow shoes, and their cross country skis, and life went on. I was surprised. 

That weekend, though, I did something that made me understand completely. 


I am a skier and a snowboarder. I love both, and I've been all over the country for my sport. But my favorite, my absolute favorite mountain, is Bridger Bowl. The snow is perfect, the terrain is varied. The light isn't bad, and there's nothing prettier than the view from the top. 


Everyone is friendly, and because all the tourists go to Big Sky or Moonlight, there's a small town, community feel hat you can't get at most mountains. That, and the food is amazing. In Bozeman it's  common to go up to the mountain for a few hours before you have to get to work, meet up with your friends, and take a couple runs. In fact, it's odd if you don't. 


Because, as I've found out, there's no way work can be anything other than amazing if you've just come from Bridger. 

And if you don't feel like skiing? You can always go snowshoeing, or snowmobiling, or just head to the hot springs to sit in an outdoor hot tub and watch the snow fall. So enjoy the summer, and all the amazing things to do in Montana, because winter is coming. And Montana can't wait. 




Montana is a great place to visit, but an even better place to live. To learn more about becoming a part of the Montana Experience, contact Tom Clark (406) 581 2829, drop me an e-mail at tom@realestator.net, or visit my site: http://tomsclark.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/HomePageGetAction.do




No comments:

Post a Comment